"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein." Jeremiah 6:16

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Farm's Verses

Isaiah 58:7-8 (New Living Translation)


 7 Share your food with the hungry,
      and give shelter to the homeless.
   Give clothes to those who need them,
      and do not hide from relatives who need your help.

 8 “Then your salvation will come like the dawn,
      and your wounds will quickly heal.
   Your godliness will lead you forward,
      and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind.


Glory to God! I love those verses!  Just read em! What a wonderful God we serve! Well, spring is slowly trying to advance here but there's a fly in the ointment, those who know are talkin snow this coming Sunday which doesn't exactly tickle my fancy. Oh well, sooner or later spring should come. The photo above was from last spring, in March really, and its no where near that cleared off here now. Everything is pretty white yet and where it isn't its pure mud. I've been doing a few chores here and there but tomorrow morning I'm finally on my own, going to be doing the whole ball of wax. Been driving the Bobcat off and on since Monday and it doesn't seem to hurt me one bit and I can't feel any stress at all to the area in my body where they almost cut me in half. God is good and He has been healing me well. Now just so old Tom don't try to out pace God in the heavy lifting department.

I came across those Bible verses today in the New Living Translation and I do believe I've found our farm verse! I can't believe how it just shook me when I read it. Beautiful and full of promise to those that obey in those simple things. Imagine farming or ranching with that as the motto, the verse of the place. I'd betcha there'd be a blessing in following them. In fact I know there is because that's what it says! I love the last part, "and the glory of the LORD will protect you from behind". Praise God!

Farming and ranching can be tough, raising a family can be tough, but when a person gets right with God, believes in the Cross of Christ, puts his or her faith in Jesus Christ and the finished work of the Cross, well your living the way God intended you to live. To be filled with God till it overflows. Now that brings up something right off the bat. We don't "do" these things in order to get in right standing with God, no we don't, because if we did we'd never do em good enough and all our good works would be as filthy rags in the sight of God. We do these works when we have seeked after God's own heart, after we've prayed and filled ourselves with His Word till God's goodness just has to have an overflow and come flowing out of us.

Yep, I figure these can be our farm verses from now on.Never really had any and this just hit me right square in the heart! 

6 comments:

covnitkepr1 said...

Just checking back to read any postings you may have written.

I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.

Cary at Serenity Farms said...

What a powerful and right testiment to your faith and farm! Surely God lead you to those words...

I am weary of the snow and ice, especially after driving an hour and a half south of us to my folks farm where it is clear and dry! Amazing to me. On the other hand, they are very dry and it is a bit worrisome. I still have barn doors so packed up with snow and ice that I can't move them!

LOL...hope that predicted snow misses your farm!

Brad Bachelor said...

Morning Tom,

Now those are some good verses....and good advice!! I think if I remember right, that there was a verse in ol Job that smacked me right between the eyes (could be wrong tho..... you know me.... :) ). I'll have to be doin some searchin and see if I can find it.

I like the pic. Seems the white stuff is nearly gone... that has to buoy the spirits... I'd be two or three weeks in chicks by now for the year if I was still in Bama.... Now I gotta annoy a new postmaster with my packages :)

Well.... Guess I'd better get going ande see what trouble I can get in today...

Have a GREAT day,

Brad

Northern Farmer said...

Morning Folks!!

Well, this is the big day!! Getting ready to go out and do it all!! Wonder if I'll be getting another six weeks bed rest after this :(

Think positive Tom! Yep Cary, when a person is staring at a glacier week after week it tends to drag a person down a little but. Its still 90% white around here and I wish it would just go away! Oh well, I'm sure in a few weeks we'll be overwhelmed with good work :)
God Bless!

Morning Brad!

You heard it, I'm on my way out the door after this coffee gets slurped down for my first full day of chores. Gee whiz,it was six weeks ago today they had me on the slab and butchered me, yuck. And I must say, the recovery sucked the first few weeks, it wasn't the bed of roses that the quack told me it would be....

By the way, that pic was last years. Wish it was this years. I think I forgot to mention in the post one of my little keep me in trouble jobs. We got too many eggs since I went back to chicken coop duty and as of yesterday I'm gathering a bunch for the incubator. Nothing like raising a good portion of your feathered friends in the office. Well, not really raise em but hatch em. Few more days and that incubator should have enough so I get overwhelmed with colorful Bantams this year :)

What's your verse sound like,maybe I or someone else can help look for it, I like doing that stuff.

Oh Glory! Yep, I sure like that verse up on top! Its a winner! Now I figure I had better get out for a few hours and make myself useful for once......

God Bless!

The Cast said...

I think those versus are the perfect fit!

Northern Farmer said...

Me too! They just struck me when I came across them. Said to myself, these are the ones!!